Friday, April 15, 2016

My own version of Stir Fried Prawns with Dark Sauce - 干煎虾碌

An accidental trial turns out pretty well ! I tried to buy the premix marinade for cooking "Stir fried prawns with dark sauce" - 干煎虾碌 but it seems to be out of stock for quite some time.

I decided to try cooking Marmite prawns instead and bought a bottle of Marmite. I tasted and I would think that the two kids may not like the "bitter" aftertaste.

Hence, I mixed in :
some sweet sauce,
some oyster sauce,
some dark sauce,
some sugar

I do not have the exact measurement but went by estimation as I tried to get my preferred taste along the way.

Method :
1. Cut a slit on the back of the prawns with shells intact ,remove the dirt, sprinkle and rub with some salt and pepper.
2. Prepare a small plate of minced garlic.
3. Add some oil and stir fry the garlic to golden brown.
4. Add in the prawns
5. Add a little water to the mixture u have, pour over the prawns and let it simmer for.
6. Add in some sugar so that it crystallize the gravy.
7. Serve with some parsley if you want a better presentation and serve.

Verdict : It did not turn out as Marmite prawns but close to the taste of stir fried prawns in dark sauce. Don told me that it was nice in it's own way but tasted slightly saltish. So probably, I will try again without oyster sauce the next round.


Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...