Tuesday, February 3, 2015

CNY snacks - Baked Crabsticks with Seaweed

Approximately less than 3 weeks to Chinese New Year ! Every now and then I will see creative creations of CNY cookies and snacks flooding my facebook wall ! And those with air-fryers have been posting this easy to make snack. I do not own one but I do have a conventional oven. So here I am trying out something similar but I added seaweed to it.


I bought a pack of Dodo Crabsticks and a pack of seaweed from the Japanese section.

Dodo Crabsticks

Just these two ingredients, rinse and drain off water, unroll the crabstick and just lay on top of the seaweed. The moisture from the crabstick will just stick both together.

Simply cut into chunks. or the size you want and bake them in the oven. This definitely takes a much longer time as compared to using an air-fryer.

Layer the crabsticks onto the seaweed

1. Preheat the oven at 100 deg C.
2. The baking duration takes about 40 mins at 140 deg C (I will make a flip after 20 mins)
3. Once crabsticks turned golden brown, you can remove and let it cool before storing in an airtight container.

If you want something more flavourful, you can marinate it. Here is one recipe from Singapore Home Cooks . You can play around with the idea of blending the seaweed and mix in some grated cheese powder if you love it cheesy !

Just a note, not too much for the children as the crabsticks contains loads of starch. Afterall, it's artificial crabsticks. Hence, eat in moderation.

Last year, I tried this ADDICTIVE Crispy Codfish Strips.


Nothing too complicated for busy mamas. Have fun !

If you have been reading our posts, do follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for future updates !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...