Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dengue Remedy #1 Frog and mini bitter gourd essence

Am writing this with a really fatigue mind, it started around 10th October till today......

It was pretty unusual for dear not to call and "check" on me. He was on night training two days before the 10th and I was solo-parenting. Normally, he would give me short calls to make sure everything is well at home and if I am coping fine.

On the 10th Oct, I gave him a buzz in the evening, after watching Hairy Maclary with Xav, much thanks to Jolin, who had generously shared her tickets with us. I just have an instinct that something is not right probably ? Indeed, he told me he was running a high fever.

On the very same evening, Xav too was running a low grade fever. It was very unusual that he felt sleepy during dinner. First thoughts that came to my mind " MUST BE THOSE FRENCH FRIES". The father and son whacked two packets on Wednesday.

I applied Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil on his spine and under his feet the moment we reached home at every hourly interval, diffused Thieves EO in the room. By mid night, his fever was gone and he was better the next day, however with a sore throat.

And you are not reading this wrongly, on the same day, Vera pooed more than the usual once a day. She pooed like 6-8 times and each time, her butt cheeks would be red and raw. I suspected probably it may be a minor "detox" from her body as she just chucked everything and anything into her mouth !

3 in the house down !!

11th October, dear came back and I insisted him to pay the GP a visit as he told me that despite taking painkillers, the headache and fever persisted and did not subside. Thank goodness, he went as he was diagnosed with DENGUE !! Nope, he did not get bitten from home, our place is mozzie FREE. He did not even know that he got "kissed" by that darn mozzie.

He was not warded but was told to have his blood count tested again on Monday. Till Wednesday, there was no improvement to his blood count. It dropped further to from 122 to 60 and he was referred to be warded. He checked in for a 3D 2N stay.

Other symptoms observed were :
  • Severe headache (He felt the sides of this head were being squeezed tightly)
  • Skin rashes on his arms, knee caps and tiny red spots were found on his body
  • Nausea and vomiting (He did threw up once)

  • I was searching and asking around for dengue remedies. I did Raindrop Therapy on the vitaflex on his feet. The first recipe that came to me from Jo was " Frog & mini bitter gourd essence". It has to be strictly the mini bitter gourd that can be commonly found in the Indian grocery stalls and it cannot be just the frog legs, it has to be the WHOLE frog. Thanks to Jo, she helped me purchased the frogs and cleaned it for me as I was freaking out to see the whole frog !

    The recipe:
    7 mini bitter gourds
    1 frog


    Method :
    1. Wash the mini bitter gourds.


    2. Sliced them into halves.


    3. Scoop out and removed the seeds with a  spoon.


    4. Cut diagonally into three pieces and add in together with the frog.


    5. If you do not have a pressure cooker, double boil it for 3 hours to get the essence. I used pressure cooker to cook it and went for two cycles and squeeze out every single drop of essence. I do not know how well this would help. But am ready to cook anything that can help with battling that horrible Dengue.

    I was all alone looking after all three until my body finally gave in and I, myself was unwell as well. Thank goodness for Jo, helping me with the frog and getting the papaya leaves from her friend. To my mother in law as well, I am thankful that she was here to help relieve me from the cooking duties when I was unwell.

    I be sharing the usage of papaya leaves the next post. Some of you would have seen me hollered out on my personal facebook page, asking where can I get papaya leaves.

    Do share with me too if you have other remedies for Dengue.


    If you have been reading our posts, do follow us on Facebook and Instagram for future updates !


     

     


     

    5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Great wonderful tips n thanks for sharing. Sincerely hope everyone get well fast n you will get your well deserved rest soon.

    xavvy said...

    Hi Serene,

    thanks for your well wishes ! One more to go and hope she recovers in time for the trip next week. =)

    Aleisha said...

    Mangagaw or tawa-tawa is the best herbal plant to cure dengue patient. Its scientific name is Euphorbia Hirta. Several cases have been cured already because this plant has the ability to increase platelet count at the highest level. Using this medicinal plant is one of several ways to increase platelet counts naturally which is best in treating dengue illness. Also another known herbal cure for dengue is the flower of the male papaya. It is said that its effect is next to mangagaw and it is often practiced in oriental countries.

    prawny said...

    Thanks Aleisha for your sharing!

    prawny said...

    Aleisha, by any chance do you know where can I purchase these herbs?

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...